Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Westminster Outfit

Okay, this is my one post about me.  I like I mention before I love clothes and fashion.  What I haven't mentioned is I LOVE GREAT DEALS!!!!  Being smart with my money and getting the most bang for your buck was what I was taught as a child and apply today.  It's fun to go shopping for that perfect Westminster outfit, but I think of it a challenge.  I want something completely different and I do not want to see someone else in the same outfit as me.



I found my outfit over the summer while visiting my grandma out in Palm Springs.  We walked into a vintage shop and found a vintage Cache suit.  It must have been from the 80's because it had the MASSIVE shoulder pads and the saggy arm sleeves.  I saw the beautiful black and bronze fabric and it fit really well just needed some TLC.  So for $35 I bought it!  For the first time an off center button blazer fit me without making me look frumpy and I loved the interesting collar cut.  Off to the seamstress it went!  She did a fantastic job taking out the should pads and basically restructuring the shoulders and sleeves for $25!!!!!

What took me forever was finding shoes.  Anyone that really knows me I have VERY small feet.  My favorite store for show shoes is Stride Rite!  Yep! Stride Rite.  Finding shoes is a very big challenge and I bought and brought two pairs just in case one pair wasn't fitting right (total for both shoes $30).  Good thing because the pair I really wanted to wear were too big, so I wore my back up pair in the breed.  For the evening judging I stuffed the toes of the cute pair with tissues and prayed they stayed on.  They did!!! :-)

The rest of my outfit included bronze crystal and gold dangle earrings ($8) and suntan nylons for breed judging (3 for $12 at Hanes Outlet) and off-black nylons with black line up the back for groups ($5 from Nordstrom Rack).

That's my 2014 Westminster Outfit!  You don't need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to look good.  I enjoyed finding something different and unique.  But, what I did realize is I did not really take any photos of myself at Westminster so thank you Congleton photos for allowing me to use this photo and thank you Mom and Dad for taking the other two photos.  I thought about capturing everyone else's great and amazing outfits I forgot I wanted to share my Westminster outfit.



This is about fashion and looking good and remembering people's great outfits at shows across the country.  In my one blog about me I have to include photos on my walk down the Fashion Walk of Fame.
 Great outfits were seen all over the streets of NYC this year.  Love the coats leggings/tights/black nylons and boots
"The Garment Worker" statue that starts the Fashion Walk of Fame

 Famous "Needle Threading Button" 


 Love his clothes and especially his suits

 OMG!!!!  I cannot believe Parsons The New School For Design has moved!!!!!  So sad
 Love, love, love Betsey Johnson and her eccentric style
 $4.99 seriously?  Fashion lines the streets!!!
.....and the buses!!!!

My biggest regret for this Westminster trip is not having an opportunity to go to the famous Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.  Errrrrr..... Maybe next year

No comments:

Post a Comment