Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I hate packing!!!!

Packing, that tedious task that you absolutely have to do for yourself, by yourself. I have a crazy, busy couple of weeks coming up that requires being in different areas of the country, for totally different types of events. In fact, I have to pack for a week of work in Orlando, and my sister’s wedding in San Diego, all in the same suitcase! All this packing and planning has made me want to pull my hair out. Its the lugging around all the little extras that I hate the most.  I try to be a minimalist, but we all know that packing for dog shows requires being prepared for any and everything. Packing for a trip can be a daunting task.
So, how do we maximize space, and still fit a week, or more, into one suitcase? One word…SEPARATES! I love the new trend of separates, with mix and match tops and bottoms. It enables a lady to look contemporary, by combining several staple items in different ways on different days. Staple pieces might include lots of black and white;  pencil skirts, slacks, sweaters or even a blazer. These items can be combined with splashes of color to create countless looks. Fun, trendy jewelry and accessories can also make fun additions to change up these outfits. Think about the possibilities, and the space and weight saved in your suitcase.



The same goes for shoes, minimalism, not separates. Choose pairs that will can be worn with multiple outfits. When wearing the same couple of pairs for several days, remember to keep them clean. Inexpensive shoe polish sponges are great for quick cleans and don’t weigh too much. Some hotels will also have complimentary shoe polishers at the front desk.

I try to not overpack, because I don’t want to travel with a suitcase that is bigger than I am. I don’t want to worry about getting my bag off the airport luggage carousal. I need to be able to do travel on my own and still maintain the standards of appearance that dog show women have created. Remember, separates and staple items are our friends. Ladies, we CAN fit everything, including cosmetics, into one suitcase.

Please share your go-to packing tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment